<jflanegi@>

> > > I don't know if you are simply parsing words, Jim -- in that
MMY
> > did
> > > not as I recall, use the term "enlightened behavior" as much
as
> > many
> > > others which signify improved action and behavior in all
contexts
> > of
> > > life from the practice of TM etc. A few among them:
> > >
> > > - "improved social behavior was 1/4 of the entire SIMS intro
> > lecture
> > > format. Improved action -- based on fuller mental potential --
was
> > > another 1/4.
> > > - being in-tune with all the laws of nature
> > > - acting from the home of all the laws of nature
> > > - being established in the constitution of the universe
> > > - acting with grace
> > > - improed "deservabily" resulting from ones behavior
> > > - infinitely flexible action and behavior
> > > - acting from a level of overflowing fulfillment
> > > - being able "to give" in all social interactions
> > > - acting from an ocean of love
> > > - spontaneously providing life-supporting influence on all
around
> > him
> > > - even that blood relatives would gain benefit and their lives
> > would
> > > improve
> > > - radiating bliss in ones actions
> > > - 100's of scientific charts and studies often alluded to
regarding
> > > improved behavior fir many different benchmarks.
> > > - improved compassion and empathy
> > >
> > > I think the list could fill many pages.
> > >
> > > Since enlightenment in his view and teachings is the living
> > emodiment
> > > of these qualities, the culmination of their fuller, if not
full
> > > growth, then the concept, if not the words, "enlightened
behavior"
> > > certainly have a strong context in the TMO. (Though I would
not
> > choose
> > > to use the term in that it, in its present usage, becomes
quite
> > nebulous.)
> > >
> > > You never heard MMY speak of any of this, improved behavior
through
> > > TM? Or are you simply parsing words?
> > >
> > I detest that expression "enlightened behavior" because it
attempts
> > to signify a state which is all about eternal, universal
immortal
> > freedom and categorize it so that the dualistic mind can make it
> > comprehensible.
> >

> Right. But you said you never heard of the term -- implying that
you
> are unfamiliar with MMY's and the TMO's premise that TM etc
> significantly improves behavior, social interactions, and actions .
> Are you unfamiliar with this premise? That is what you implied, and
> that is my question.

This feels like a very familiar road for both of us, eh? MMY's and
the TMO's attempt to chart and categorize improvements in behavior
are laudable and appropriate, given their intention (to spread the
practice of TM). I don't have the same intention, and would not even
attempt to say anything about enlightened behavior except that
enlightenment is all about living eternal, infinite, immortal,
freedom. Anything else is up for interpretation and I just don't go
there.