--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fascinating about your early childhood. And after your
> dress-up as a child, you've remained a Brunnhilde ever
> since, a true warrior, FFL's own Valkyrie!

I can't resist this one, because it ties into
something I've been thinking about lately.

There *are* those, on this forum and in larger
life, who consider themselves Valkyries of a
sort. They rail against the things they think
are wrong with the world, and the people they
see as the perpetrators of these evils.

Whether it's being a "liar" or a "predator" or
a "Republican" or a "Nazi" or a "rakshasa" or
the "Axis of Evil" or the "American Satan," the
vibe is always the same.

"Ho to," sings the Valkyrie, horned hat firmly
in place and spear aloft, "I have found EVIL
and you're IT. You must PAY for your evil ways,
and I'm just the person to MAKE you pay. I am
going to drag you into 'Morality Court,' since
I am so moral myself, and prove to the world
how unintelligent / dishonest / stupid / a
phony / unevolved / a lowlife < pick one or
more > you are. And after I've finished, the
only recourse left to you will be to APOLOGIZE
and admit that you are WRONG and I am RIGHT.
Then the world will be a better place."

Recognize the vibe, Fairfield Lifers?

Some people take these self-styled Valkyries
seriously, and see them as noble warriors.
Others of us do not, and see them as taking the
LAZY path through life, criticizing without ever
suggesting anything positive themselves.

As Angela suggests, I guess it's just a matter
of preference. Some see such people as noble
players in a kind of moral opera.

But the rest of us see them as kids who never
grew up, and who are still playing dress-up.