I have listened. I do not particularly care for opera. That doesn't mean I
don't know how to listen to music.  I just prefer other kinds of music. I grew
up on Bach and chamber music and Mozart, and, oddly, American Swing and Blues.
When I played the piano, I preferred to skip the Romantics, even though I love
Romantic literature. Wagner doesn't do it for me.  I'm glad he does it for you,
and when you were telling about your childhood, you sounded wonderful, human,
and genuine. a

authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > OK.  I guess that's the reason I'm not a major opera fan, some of
 Mozart excepted. Just because someone says "Gesamtkunstwerk" doesn't
 improve the text for me separate or not separate.

 That's right, saying "Gesamtkunstwerk" doesn't do
 the trick. You have to actually listen to the
 operas.