I wonder how many reading FFL can relate experientially to what Guy
Banner had to say about celibacy?

I personally never had such an amazing experience with Maharishi as
Guy described. But I did discover after spending some months on TTC
with Maharishi many years ago, that the same change in physiology
that Guy described had happened to me (urdhavaretas - energy
naturally going up).

So I think Vaj's skepticism is misplaced. Maharishi really is
capable of producing this effect on his students, whether it is in
the space of 30 seconds of direct attention, or several months of
darshan and meditation as taught by him. (Side note: some weeks
back, Vaj posted some lengthy quotes about practices to promote
energy going up. I don't remember the details other than frequent
reference to the "secret chakra". I can't say whether these
practices are worthwhile or not. But they, as well as Mantak Chia
(Taoist) type practices brought up by LBShriver in the past, strike
me as a remarkable amount of effort to achieve something that
happened to me without my even intending it - side/side note to Vaj -
 get that Vaj - no effort was involved, not even intention!)

I also am married. My wife and I experience a good deal of affection
for one another. A marriage can be celibate and be a happy marriage,
as long as it is not a strain or an ideal that is strived for or
something like that. It needs to be a simple reflection of the
reality of two human physiologies, and both partners need to be
comfortable with the arrangement.

Guy was absolutely correct when he stated that celibacy is not a
practice but a state of physiology. In that state, there is nothing
to practice. And there is no feeling of lack. Pleasure and bliss
come in many forms. The experience of sexual orgasm is only one of
them. TurquoiseB's comments along the lines of "at least the rest of
us are getting laid but you're not" really just reflect on the range
of experiences that TurquoiseB has had, so he is being true to
himself in saying these kinds of things. But they really fall short
of the mark when commenting on Guy's experiences.

I am guessing that Alex Stanley's remarks reflect on what is
currently going on for him in his own spiritual path - that is,
discovering that the ulimate truth doesn't depend on flashy
experiences, is itself ultimately simple. But I hope that doesn't
blind him from accepting the possibility that another person's
celibacy is a natural state for him. Saniel Bonder's Waking Down
philosophy and practice may have a handle on some significant
truths, but there may be more things in Heaven and Earth than are
dreamt of in his philosophy. It's a good idea to keep an open mind.