> On Feb 7, 2008, at 8:04 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > Judy, do tell!
> > >
> > > What was your DSM IV guess???
> >
> > I don't make DSM-IV guesses. Neither do responsible
> > psychologists or psychiatrists make them about people
> > they haven't at least interacted with.
>
> For deceased persons?
>
> Yes they do.

And you've spoken to all these psychologist
and psychiatrist friends to get their diagnosis
of MMY just since Tuesday afternoon, right?

> Keep in mind, death (irregardless of whether or not it's seen as
> significant) is like a final stamp on a bank account or
> administrators account. The "stamp" has fallen. Based on the
> evidence between Mahesh Srivistava Varma's creation and death we
> can (and will) look at evidence for a certain personality type
> (or pathos).

I'm sorry, but that's the most ridiculous thing
I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying
something.

Like, MMY might undergo some massive personality
change in the last weeks of his life, so we better
wait until the day he actually croaks before we
diagnose him.

Please.

Plus which, any professional who would trust *you*
to give an accurate enough account of MMY to do a
long-distance diagnosis is incompetent anyway.

Professionals do sometimes attempt speculative
diagnoses of historical figures years after they
die when they have spent considerable time studying
the records. *Responsible* professionals don't come
up with such diagnoses on a dime the day after
a person with whom they have no familiarity has died,
on the basis of a single person's account (least of
all someone as unreliable as to facts and as highly
biased as you).