--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If the TM mantras are the names of gods, then repeating the mantra is
> a form of bhakti, and as one gets more subtle, then the worshipping
> song is ever more powerful.

>  So, that sounds fine......... but....why is there no mention of this
to new TM inductees? I have no problem with Hinduism, just BE HONEST.
I've heard my friends look completely stunned to find out their mantras
were supposedly invoking Saraswati or Shiva... Why the dishonesty? Why
not tell people that there's a mystical energy transferrence that
happens during the initiation puja that "enlivens the mantra?" ....if
that's what you believe. I know I've only ever tried to hide things
that I was embarrassed about.
   So many groups try to keep their "Deep Magic" "Top Secret" because
it seldom bears much scrutiny....and the unindoctrinated mind tends to
reject it as baloney.
   I would think honesty would be a good antidote for many of the
reasons why a lot of the people who post here say they left the
movement. I make a point of telling anyone who wants to know everything
I know about meditation, the siddhi's, the ice formation and so
on....the good and the questionable...What does that hurt?...it's only
the people isolated from reality north of town who think these things
are secret. EVERYbody knows.
    I have no reason to not proliferate these things. I didn't sign
anything. It feels good to be free to share whatever I think is
necessary. I'm sorry for those who are afraid to. Is this wrong of me?
Anybody's guess. But does this not seem like a healthy direction to go
in if positive change is to happen for the meditator community? Think
about it. The best way to deal with a corrupt administration of any
kind..... Is to ignore it. Anyway ...blah-blah-blah....sorry fer
rambling.