--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> This sounds exactly like what the Hari Krishna people use to tell me
> when I hung around with them in the LA temple back in the 80s, that
> meditation is not for this age and that an experience of the
> impersonal absolute is inferior to a personal relationship to Krishna,
> i.e., Bakti yoga, and that this impersonal experience would eventually
> get you to Krishna anyway so why waste your time meditating besides
> being too difficult? I didn't argue since I had become rather friendly
> with some of the Krishna devotees but did tell them that it wasn't
> hard for me and I preferred this path, TM. They were quite amazed that
> it was so easy for me and encouraged me to continue since I would 'get
> to Krishna Consciousness anyway, even if it did take longer'. That was
> fine until one day, I decided to meditate in the temple upstairs on
> the balcony and in the middle of TM, experienced a Hari Krishna astral
> entity who came up to me and said, 'you can't do that here' so I got
> up and left. A few years later in Hawaii I stayed the night in a Hari
> Krishna temple on the big island of Hawaii and in the middle of the
> night while asleep, was confronted by Hari Krishna astral beings who
> asked me why I continued with TM and felt I should convert to Hari
> Krishna. I refused and left the next morning. In Chicago, I spent the
> night at the Hari Krishna temple and while sleeping, again was
> confronted by astral beings but this time it was a wrestling match
> much like Jacob wrestling the angel and I won. The next morning I
> headed for Fairfield in Iowa.

A group of ISKCON people showed up at the Fairfield farmers market a
few years ago, and they danced and chanted around the market, handing
out pamphlets. I read the pamphlet, and it was all about sexually
repressing yourself in this lifetime so that maybe you'll find
liberation is some future lifetime. It struck me as being a Hindu
version of fundie Xianity... um, no thanks.