--- In [email protected], TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Jim posted: > > Hey Curtis-- its been a fun one, and I cannot resist responding to > > your statement above: in terms of mastery of consciousness over > > matter, it is far easier to prove-- close your eyes, and plug your > > ears. You are suddenly in a vast black void-- no objects sensed > > except perhaps air and gravity-- you could be on the moon suddenly, > > or surfing an asteroid (with oxygen) in outer space, and yet your > > mind convinces you that you are standing here on earth. That to me > > is mind over matter. > > In philosophy circles, this is known as the "I have > my eyes closed and my ears plugged...I can't HEAR you, > I can't SEE you, therefore you don't exist" theory. <snip>
I would respond that you are the one clinging to theory, not me. To your quote above, I would modify it to read, "...therefore I don't know whether you exist or not." You choose to believe, when your eyes and ears are shut, that what you last saw and heard before closing off your senses is still there. This is choice, and belief, not proof. You may think it is proof, and it may be more comfortable for you to believe it is proof, but there is no way to prove it. Everything else you have written in your post here is theoretical, not provable. Based on your choices and beliefs only.
