--- In [email protected], TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > --- In [email protected], "sandiego108" <sandiego108@> > wrote: > > > > --- In [email protected], TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote: > > > > > > In philosophy circles, this is known as the "I have > > > my eyes closed and my ears plugged...I can't HEAR you, > > > I can't SEE you, therefore you don't exist" theory. <snip> > > > > I would respond that you are the one clinging to theory, not > > me. > > > > To your quote above, I would modify it to read, "...therefore > > I don't know whether you exist or not." You choose to believe, > > when your eyes and ears are shut, that what you last saw and > > heard before closing off your senses is still there. This is > > choice, and belief, not proof. You may think it is proof, and > > it may be more comfortable for you to believe it is proof, but > > there is no way to prove it. > > > > Everything else you have written in your post here is theoretical, > > not provable. Based on your choices and beliefs only. > > You are wrong. It is *easily* provable. And one of > us IS going to prove it to the other, someday. > > One of us will die. > > The other will either still be around, or the > universe will dissolve as the "creator" of it > dissolves and turns into dust. > > If you die first and the world winks out, me > along with it, you have proved your theory. > > If I die first and you are still there, I have > proved mine. > My original assertion was in terms of our independent perception and creation, not that someone dies and the world to the rest of us keeps existing, or not.
Please reread the thread- What you are proposing above has no relevance to my original assertion, and is neither a proof nor refutation of anything I have asserted previously. What I am asserting is that you are the creator of your universe. I don't know what happens when you die, or when I die. I have not asserted that when I die, your universe ceases to exist.
