--- In [email protected], "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], TurquoiseB <no_reply@> 
> wrote:
> >
> <snip> 
> > As far as I can tell, the universe is the 
> > *cooperative* co-creation of all of the sentient
> > beings that compose it. Each of them contributes
> > a piece of the puzzle -- each perceiving and, on
> > a quantum level, bringing realities into existence
> > *by* perceiving -- but the puzzle itself has a 
> > consensual existence beyond the individual 
> > sentient beings. 
> > 
> > The universe is not going to miss you when you
> > are gone. And it won't go away. Therefore, you
> > do not "create" it. You merely perceive it, and
> > try to make sense of what you perceive. Again, I
> > have *no problem* with what you perceive being
> > totally different than what I perceive. But 
> > neither what you perceive nor what I perceive
> > constitutes the whole. It's just two points of
> > view in a universe composed of the relationships
> > between an infinite number of points of view.
> 
> What you are spinning here makes a lot of sense-- even could be seen 
> as an answer to many questions, but I cannot buy off on it as Truth, 
> something you regularly question yourself here.

Nor did I present it as Truth, or even truth.
It is, like everything I say here, merely my
opinion. My argument is NOT with you, Jim, or
with the *perception* of Unity, if that is what
you are really having, it's with imprecise lang-
uage when trying to describe that perception.

The "New Age" tends to throw "create" around
where they really mean "perceive." I think it's
not a favor to either word, or to what they are
trying to convey.

> I can't say for sure what you are saying is accurate-- might be and 
> might not be. Sounds like a really good theory and belief to me- 
> seriously.

Part of the last paragraph comes from the movie
I was watching last night while I was typing it,
Fritjof Capra and his brother's wonderful film
"Mindwalk." Capra IS a physicist, and the author
of "The Tao of Physics." He understands the rami-
fications of quantum theory better than most. And
while it may be "true" under quantum theory that
an electron doesn't really exist in a fixed, meas-
urable position in space until someone tries to
measure it (and thus *perceives* it), the percep-
tion DOES NOT "create" the electron. It has always
already been present as a kind of sphere of poten-
tialities and probabilities. All that the percep-
tion of the scientist does is to "freeze" it mom-
entarily in one position, *as if* it had been
"created" there. But it was always already present
in ALL positions around the nucleus. Perceiving it
in one position around the nucleus didn't "create"
it there.

My point is that is may *seem* as if we "create"
the world when we perceive it, but I honestly do
not think that this is the case. We perceive the
world, and in so doing, "freeze" a part of an 
infinite number of potentialities and probabilities
into a momentary configuration. That momentary 
configuration "fights it out" with the momentary
configurations perceived by billions and billions
of other perceivers, and the result is what we
call the world. But the world was not really
"created" by any one of them, or even by all of
them working together. It has always already been
present, in a fluid, non-formed state of potentiality
and probability.

Or not.  :-)

They're just theories, Jim.




Reply via email to