> On Jun 16, 2008, at 9:23 PM, new.morning wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hee Hee, I love it when you get sarcastic.
> >> But I'm sorry I was a bit aggressive there,
> >> the ME is one of my hot buttons,
> >
> > Hold on to your hat -- I am working on a ME / Jyotish post -- I figure
> > after the explosion -- we will see parts of you in our sunset. :)
> > Maybe I will add karma an caste as themes and get Curtis up there too.
>
> Taking up this theme, new, just what caste do you suppose
> most of us would be in if we'd been born in India? The  Untouchables?
> Or would we be even lower--the Unmentionables, maybe?  The
> Caste With No Name?  Caste of Thousands?  How about
> The Sar-Caste-Ics?
>
> Anybody want to give this one a try?  I'm actually kind of
> interested to hear where people would place themselves.

All-star cast! or at least a kewl cast everyone could sign -- and be
an ice breaker for picking up women in the park. And a cast-away when
I am in my cave mood. Overcast when I am moody.  A Cast(ing) call when
I want to meet new people. Or like Jini Mitchell said "I could drink a
cast of you .."

On a less jovial or flipant side, and I don't expect much more than
the usual catcalls here, I think a very special, type of caste- a
family tradition / guild is a better description. TOTALLY UNLIKE what
we have today or in memories past,

This family tradition / guild type of caste has value, IMO. First, its
OPTIONAL. No discrimination. Anyone in any caste can do anything they
want. With great encouragement.

However, I think there are valuable things passed on through
generations -- culturally, educationally, genetically -- and to see
Bharitu explode -- financially. If and when a particular skill set is
developed and refined over time, over generations, in a family -- it
can be of great value for family members WHO CHOSE TO DO SO, to take
advantage of the mentoring, culturing, etc of parents, siblings,
cousins, uncles, grand-parents, etc who have developed, collectively
a particular skill set, talent, vocation or avocation, etc.

This happens naturally to a degree. I think can be a good thing. But
NOT if it becomes elitist, discriminatory, restricting, biased, etc.

If someone wants to be a doctor, and their parents are doctors,
uncles, siblings and cousins too, they have a way easier time of it.
And more time for spiritual, creative, volunteer or rounding out
activities.

Andre Agessi and Steffi Grafs kids, if they want to be a pro tennis
players -- will have an easier time of it than some poor slob like me.
And if they want to be a poet -- thats great too and I am sure andre
and Steffi would support, culture and love them to death if they chose
that. its just that the kid would not have the poetry resources in
that family. So cross-mentoring across families is part of it. The
poet family who loves the Agessis' tennis skills and history, will
love the opportuity to mentor the Aggesi child poet. And Vice versa.

Again, this is not about creating elite families the haves and have
nots. Its about EVERY family sustaining, nuturing, refining their
traditions / skill sets, etc.

And if Robert Johnson's family adopts Curtis, the world will be even
grander.

Again, volutariy, optional, no constraints, no discrimination. Faimily
tradition/guilds.