I've learned a lot from you Lupidus, but I'm just not as good at it as you are. I'm just not anti-anti enough.

----- Original Message -----
From: lupidus108
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:41 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] "Purity of the teaching" (was Re: Lenz -- Sex and Business Practices / Ethics)

--- >
> > That phrase is the ultimate thought-stopper, as wielded
> > by the TM fundamentalist.  It is *supposed* to stop the
> > discussion.  *Nothing* trumps "purity of the teaching."
> > *Anything* is permissible to "defend* it, including
> > acts that are illegal (such as dismissing a student
> > from a university for "wrong thought" or sending some-
> > one home from a course with no refund for violating
> > a simple (and simple-minded) rule like, "Thou shalt
> > go straight to the kitchen after evening lecture and
> > have thy warm milk with cardamon and then go straight
> > to bed and thou shalt do all of this in silence."
> >
> > I had a good friend who has a hilarious way of describ-
> > ing the epiphany of figuring all of this stuff out.
> > He was on an ATR course in Switzerland, and was told
> > in no uncertain terms to follow the above "rule."  The
> > trouble was, he *hated* warm milk and cardamon.  So
> > his routine was to walk across the street to the next
> > hotel and buy an ice-cream cone, and take it back to
> > his room, all in silence.
> >
> > He was called on the carpet for this by the course
> > leaders several times.  He ignored them.  Finally, he
> > was told in no uncertain terms to show up at a certain
> > time for a "tribunal" (yes, they really called it that),
> > in which he was to be interrogated, and at the end of
> > which he was either going to be sent home in disgrace,
> > never to be allowed to return to another TM course
> > again, or repent of his evil ways, change his behavior,
> > and be allowed to stay.
> >
> > So he's sitting in this waiting room, waiting, and he's
> > scared.  Really scared.  His entire life is on the line.
> > He *knows*, from experience, what happens to TM teachers
> > who have been declared "off the program."  He *knows*
> > that his entire access to advanced techniques or any
> > future teachings from Maharishi is on the line.  So he's
> > *justifiably* scared.
> >
> > And then it hits him, in a blinding flash of realization,
> > that he's sitting there quivering in his seat, about to
> > be judged by his betters for the dastardly crime of Eating
> > Ice Cream.
> >
> > He starts to laugh.  They call him into the room.  He can't
> > stop laughing.  He answers none of their questions, because
> > he just can't stop laughing.  He finally gets up and leaves
> > the room, and the Inquisitors are so dumbfounded by some-
> > one not being afraid of them that they don't do *anything*
> > about it.  He hears not another word about it.
> >
> > He goes back home at the end of his ATR course, and naturally
> > the next time he applies for another course he is barred
> > from attending it.  But by this time he really doesn't care,
> > because he's still laughing.

I can understand the descision of this board. I would'nt want an
initiator myself eating icecream all the time, not being able to take
instruction from his teacher or to be unable to articulate himself.
As he obviously was an american that explains alot, but where did
this fellow (if he excist) end up ? Mentally challenged ?