> On Jun 17, 2005, at 9:17 PM, akasha_108 wrote:
>
> > Regardless, as I have understood it, Shantananda was asked to step
> > down due to his lack of qualifications. Which he did. And his
> > successors have been banned from using the title Shankaracharaya.
His
> > linneage does not appear to have much power or respect other than
from
> > the TMO.
>
> I believe what you describe is accurate. The letter from one of the
> Kaplans also mentions that M. had a particular Shankaracharya--who
was
> not the real Shankaracharya--

Who says? No-one disputes that Shantananda was Gurudev's oldest and
most favorite student amongthe Sanyasi.

that he sent students to. I am assuming he
> was referring to Shantananda and possibly his successor. So there
was
> some deception going on regarding this trip.

I see, so the courts agreeing that Swami Shantanada was the genuine
Shankaracharya should be ignored?

> > But he was I sweet man I hear.
>
> Yeah I heard many good stories and his writings are very nice.

So what is YOUR problem with Shantananda's "qualifications" if you
like what he writes? That he supprted MMY?