Akasha wrote:

   "So perhaps in the spirit of Indian conviviality and expressive
 laudations, Shantanada gave copious praise to his benefactor, knowing
 it would thrill your friend, even if some aspects were a bit
 exaggerated or out of context."

That's certainly a polite way of pointing out the Indian position on
truthfulness. This Indian POV on truth is something to be remembered
in all discussions about both enlightenment and their comments about
spiritual teachers. At it's worst level of expression think about
sentences that have appeared in the announcements for the recert courses.

JohnY