---.
The term "Cosmic Consciousness" was originated in the West by Dr.
Richard M. Bucke and taken up by the Rosicrucian ads as well as
Yogananda's group.
 In those contexts, there was little (if any) differentiation between
CC, GC, and UC.
Adi Da uses "6-th and 7-th" levels; also saying that there are two
sub-levels of the 7-th (both are equally non-dual but in the higher
octave, the inner core of subtle bodies rockets out of the physical
and merges into the Self while this subtle body is out of the
physical).

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:

> > > Well I don't think it was meant to be serious, it was meant
> > > to "hook" a certain market segment.
> >
> > Just for the record, the term is hardly unique to
> > MMY's teaching. As a synonym for enlightnment, it
> > significantly predates MMY (e.g., Richard Bucke's
> > classic 1901 book "Cosmic Consciousness").
>
> Yeah, but the difference is when MMY used the term he was referring
> merely Self realization not God realization or Unity, pre-Maharishi
it
> was used to denote the complete state of enlightenment or what MMY
now
> calls Unity. That is why there has been some confusion with the way
he
> chose to use it. In classical Yoga CC generally refers to what MMY
> calls Unity......
>
> In Love and God MMY himself refers to Guru Dev as being in Cosmic
> Consciousness indicating that CC is the highest state of
consciousness: