<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Good luck outsmarting the Devil Turq! It's what we're all trying to
> > do! Believing he doesn't exist is one of his oldest tricks, don't
> fall> for it!  :-)
>
> An important point about beliefs:  Atheists don't "believe" there is
> no God, or "believe" that there is no devil.  It is not an active
> process.  Atheists see no compelling reasons to join the belief, no
> worthy evidence.
>
> If I assert that there is a green dinosaur in the room, you don't have
> to have a belief that there is no dinosaur.  You lack the belief due
> to insufficient evidence.
>
> This is important because one of the polemic tricks religious people
> pull with non believers is to assert that atheists just have beliefs
> like their own belief in a God, that there is no God.
>
> The atheist says: "what is your evidence for your assertion that there
> is a God or devil or Lock Ness Monster?"  So far that evidence is not
> sufficient for atheists or non believers.  The person with the
> assertion has to give the evidence since you can't prove a negative.

True an atheist cannot prove the negative (there is no God) therefore
his best bet is to say, "I don't know", how can he say anything other?

Also, you are correct to suggest that the believer must supply the
evidence, but unfortunately they cannot, because only YOU can prove
God to yourself!

The existence of God is beyond the reach of the 5 senses, as such it
is an entirely subjective experience as is creation itself an entirely
subjective dream of the creator.....

snip