<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Two words, speech recognitions software.  Been out for over a
decade.

> The criticism about being computer illiterate is valid in this
> day and age.  Or do you think the Internet is a bunch of tubes
> Richard?  No one is making fun of his disability. In fact using
> his disability as an excuse is a disservice to the many disabled
> people who don't let their disabilities stop them from using
> technology.  Stephen Hawking uses a computer very effectively.

OK, I think I may have the definitive story here.

>From a May 29, 2000, article on Forbes.com about
the McCain campaign's use of the Internet:

There was another early hint about the vast potential of the Internet
when, in February 1999, A&E's Biography on McCain caused a flood of
traffic on the Web site and added impetus to continue the early Web
experimentation.

In certain ways, McCain was a natural Web candidate. Chairman of the
Senate Telecommunications Subcommittee and regarded as the U.S.
Senate's savviest technologist, McCain is an inveterate devotee of
email. His nightly ritual is to read his email together with his
wife, Cindy. The injuries he incurred as a Vietnam POW make it
painful for McCain to type. Instead, he dictates responses that his
wife types on a laptop. "She's a whiz on the keyboard, and I'm so
laborious," McCain admits.