--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:36 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > So consider it a shock on my part as well that John
> > McCain refused to shake hands with a black man during
> > a Presidential debate. He *has* to have known how
> > that would look, and his disdain for Obama and his
> > sense of superiority to him is so strong that he did
> > it anyway. That made me ashamed to be white.
>
> Damn, I missed the 2 best moments, the handshake refusal
> as well as the "that one" moment...had the debate on but
> also had to deal with my kids.  Hello, Youtube.
>
> Sal

And you say *I* make excuses?  ;-)

Get on the stick girl. <just kidding>

Are your kids old enough to appreciate history
being made before their eyes? I was 5 years old when
JFK was murdered. I remember it clearly but in sepia
colored images. The emotions of the adults are still vivid.
I was 10 when RJK & MLK fell and 11 when Apollo 11 landed.
TV generation huh?

To this day I carry the contrasting shock and wonder of those
memories. I think the emotions expressed by the adults around
me as the events occurred are in large part responsible for the
lasting nature of the memories.

Watching McCain's actions did not make me ashamed to be
white. I was, however, surprised at how inept he is in his
attempt to attain his goal. Potomac fever can reveal some
strange things.