On Oct 8, 2008, at 1:51 PM, Tom wrote:

Damn, I missed the 2 best moments, the handshake refusal
as well as the "that one" moment...had the debate on but
also had to deal with my kids.  Hello, Youtube.

Sal

And you say *I* make excuses?  ;-)

Get on the stick girl. <just kidding>

Are your kids old enough to appreciate history
being made before their eyes? I was 5 years old when
JFK was murdered. I remember it clearly but in sepia
colored images.

Sepia?  I thought you were born in the 20th century, Tom,
not the 19th.

The emotions of the adults are still vivid.
I was 10 when RJK & MLK fell and 11 when Apollo 11 landed.
TV generation huh?

To this day I carry the contrasting shock and wonder of those
memories. I think the emotions expressed by the adults around
me as the events occurred are in large part responsible for the lasting nature of the memories.

Watching McCain's actions did not make me ashamed to be
white. I was, however, surprised at how inept he is in his
attempt to attain his goal. Potomac fever can reveal some
strange things.

The handshake thing was clearly a misunderstanding.
And I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and
say that "That one" was a poorly-worded choice and not
reflective of some inherent prejudice on McCain's part.

Actually, now I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he's so
clearly out of his depth.

Sal