The thing is, there really AREN'T enough of these
I'm-a-good-Pavlov's-dog-so-just-say-the-word-terrorist-
and-I'll-do-anything-you-want fear-driven voters to
swing the election against Obama if things stay as
they are today.

But if there were to be a real terrorist event
between now and the election, staged by BushCo and
McCain and the neocon madmen behind them, taking
place on American soil, how many otherwise sane
people would suddenly remember the link that the
Repugs have tried to establish between Obama and
terrorism *then*, eh?

Would the Repugs do such a thing? Of course they
would, if they thought they could get away with it.
The only question is whether they think they could
get away with it. IMO, all it would take is one
small bioweapon set off in a shopping mall, and
blamed on an Arab with dark skin who had been set
up to take the fall, and Obama would be toast.

Of course this is pure science-fiction speculation
on my part, and I hope that nothing like this ever
happens. The thing is, in today's America, it could.