<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey, thanks for hitting the ball back and continuing the
discussion.
> That is what the place is all about IMO.
>
> > i like what the Maharishi said many times that we need to know
who
> > we are before knowing what anyone or anything else is.
>
> Didn't this seem more profound when we were young and didn't really
> "know ourselves?"  Since I turned the corner on 50, I am pretty
much
> expert in knowing who I am.  Aren't you?

although i know my personality pretty well at this point, i
literally learn something new every moment, sometimes pretty
profound stuff (to me anyway). its an infinite universe in/out there.

> I don't believe that knowing myself is improved by meditating a lot
> though.  The ability of my mind to experience silence is the most
> boring part of myself.  Not that I don't think that having access
to a
> quit state of mind isn't helpful or enjoyable.  And I give credit
for
> Maharishi for providing a technique that made it easy for me.  But
> believe he oversold the benifits.  Especially concerning how this
> state relates to our epistemological perspective. YMMV
>
> > Guru Dev? Great energy from what i can tell. haven't studied his
> > writings very closely.
> >
> > Shankara? no clue really.
>
> So what was the motivation to defend them by challenging my right
> criticize them?  That is kind of interesting isn't it?

some people have real hot buttons when it comes to
spiritual/religion. wanted to know more about yours is all. thanks
again.