"I am just as sincere in my belief that ancient spiritual beliefs
keep mankind in ignorant bondage..."-- taking what Tat Wale Baba
said about world peace being essentially a state created inside
first and then reflected outside, i am curious about this expression
of yours. i am not picking on you, though i am wondering why this is
particularly important to you. after all, i could say that those in
ignorant bondage to ancient spiritual beliefs have only themselves
to blame- problem solved, or at least the responsibility shifts from
those propagating the harmful ancient spiritual beliefs to those
being taken in by them. no audience, no more harmful ancient
spiritual practices. chicken vs egg.

i have always pursued spiritual enquiry as a deeply personal and
ultimately personally responsible endeavor. in plain english, if i
fuck up, the finger points right back at me and no one else. in
other words, there probably aren't any perfect paths to
enlightenment or greater happiness, save those we craft for
ourselves. to look at the spiritual landscape out there and declare
every teacher, tradityion and religion flawed in some respect is a
good thing, however i think we also have to watch out for the baby
getting tossed out with the bathwater.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > some people have real hot buttons when it comes to
> > spiritual/religion. wanted to know more about yours is all.
thanks
> > again.
>
> I would like to elevate "hot buttons" to my personal philosophical
> cause. I am just as sincere in my belief that ancient spiritual
> beliefs keep mankind in ignorant bondage as Maharishi was that his
> meditation solved all the world's problems.  My POV is in the
> minority, but the numbers are growing.  Just the fact that a
> mainstream movie like Religulous could come out gives me hope for a
> dawning new age...let's see what shall we call this new age of
> skepticism against superstitious beliefs...I know an Age of
> Enlightenment, an age of reason!
>
> Thanks again for keeping the rap going.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey, thanks for hitting the ball back and continuing the
> > discussion.
> > > That is what the place is all about IMO.

> > who
> > >
> > > Didn't this seem more profound when we were young and didn't
really
> > > "know ourselves?"  Since I turned the corner on 50, I am
pretty
> > much
> > > expert in knowing who I am.  Aren't you?
> >
> > although i know my personality pretty well at this point, i
> > literally learn something new every moment, sometimes pretty
> > profound stuff (to me anyway). its an infinite universe in/out
there.

> > > I don't believe that knowing myself is improved by meditating
a lot
> > > though.  The ability of my mind to experience silence is the
most
> > > boring part of myself.  Not that I don't think that having
access
> > to a
> > > quit state of mind isn't helpful or enjoyable.  And I give
credit
> > for
> > > Maharishi for providing a technique that made it easy for me.
But