You know, it isn't a First Amendment issue per
se, but it should be noted that some of the
Obama supporters here are promoting a kind of
de facto censorship, just as Palin is.

Barry, Vaj, do.rflex, Sal, Ruth, and Bhairitu
(I'm sure I've forgotten a couple) have all
promoted the notion that people should block
raunchydog's and my posts, to keep them from
seeing criticisms of Obama and his supporters.

This is of particular benefit to Barry, who
has spearheaded this movement. (He's been at it
for many years.)

For example, he can claim that I "made up"
the statistic about the number of rapes
reported in Wasilla during Palin's mayoralty.
Readers will have seen that claim, but those
who have chosen to block my posts will not
have seen the URL I provided that documents
my statistic.

As I think most readers here know, Barry's
stock in trade is vicious attacks on me. Those
who go along with Barry's urging and don't
read my posts, however, will not be aware that
his attacks consist primarily of falsehoods,
because they won't see the rebuttals.

Ruth the Race-baiter doesn't want people to
read my or raunchydog's posts because she
doesn't want them to know how bogus her claim
is that the Obama illustration on raunchydog's
profile page is racist. And Barry, of course,
doesn't want anyone to know that his claim that
the illustration portrays Obama as Stepin
Fetchit is even more blatantly false.

Like Barry, do.rflex doesn't want people to
know that my statistic on rape in Wasilla is
well documented, or that his own attempt to
portray sexual assaults in Wasilla as
equivalent to rapes is bogus.

Sal doesn't want anybody to know how many
gross factual errors she makes, especially in
connection with politics, so she espouses not
reading my posts as well.

Vaj likes to lie about me and raunchydog too,
so of course he doesn't want folks to read
our posts.

Bhairitu doesn't like the kind of reasoned
criticisms of his conspiracy theories that I
present. He'd prefer that readers blocked those.

These people, in other words, are suggesting
that you should *cut yourself off from other
points of view* and read only what *they* have
to say.

How are these people any different in principle
from Sarah Palin, who would prefer that the media
not be permitted to criticize her and McCain? Are
raunchydog and I somehow infringing on the First
Amendment rights of the Obama supporters here by
posting our dissenting views?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"