--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just watched the HBO "John Adams" series and if it's historically
> accurate, it put the lie to this claim. When John Adams was VP
under George
> Washington, he got antsy because he didn't have enough to do,
because the
> senators wouldn't allow him to participate in their regular
deliberations.

Well, then, Rick we've come 360 degrees full cycle because this whole
controversy started because Palin said in response to a journalist's
question that she didn't know what the VP does.

Well, that is pretty much what John Adams would have responded to, as
per the situation you describe above!

The VP job has long been complained about by the VP of the moment as
a dead-end job: he or she sits around doing not much of anything
other than being a warm body in case the president dies.

So your little anecdote above about John Adams supports exactly what
Palin claimed originally: "I don't really know what the VP does!"
Well, neither did John Adams or he wouldn't have tried to impose
himself on the "deliberations" that he wasn't welcomed to participate
in in the first place!