> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <azgrey@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > >
> > > Wow. Now Tom's lying too.
> > >
> > > Somebody explain it to me: Why do we tolerate liars
> > > on this forum, again?
> > >
> > because most of us don't care?
>
> Well, obviously. The question is, why not?
>
> if we didn't tolerate lying, or just
> > making stuff up, B would have been gone long ago. as it is he is
> > colorful member of the forum.
>
> Along with several others who make lying a habit.
>
>  what's the big deal? this isn't some
> > media like blog. its a place to post anything.
>
> The very first sentence of the group's description on
> the home page is:
>
> "Fairfield Life focuses on topics of interest to seekers
> (and finders) of truth and liberation everywhere."
>
> One would think that deliberate falsehoods were not
> encompassed by that description.
>
> The other problem is the hypocrisy. People here are
> oh-so-quick to accuse TMO folks of lying. They also
> are outraged at the apparent lies of public figures
> of all sorts. Hillary was widely pilloried here for
> her story about being under sniper fire in Tusla,
> just for one example.
>
> Why are we intolerant of the lies of people outside
> FFL but perfectly fine with the lies of those within
> it? Why do we not tolerate lying from important
> public figures, but don't see anything wrong with
> lying by our associates?
>
> Why the double standard?

it seems to be in respective interpretations of the FFL group

"Fairfield Life focuses on topics of interest to seekers (and
finders) of truth and liberation everywhere."

for me, if someone is just deliberately distorting stuff or even
making it up out of their desire to get a rise out of others, i am
not really interested in that; it isn't a topic of interest for me.
rather than take the person to task for it, i just move on.

with regard to a double standard on lies from public figures vs
those here, it is all in the ramifications of the lies. if someone
on this forum lies or distorts stuff, what is the result? nothing,
really.

imo, it is a big world and some poster making shit up is nothing to
be concerned about in the least.