> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > the key to understanding the Maharishi is to do his technique, not
> > for 5 or 10 years, but at least 20 years, 2x per day.
>
> Just for fun, I should point out that this is being
> said by someone who is incapable of telling us when
> and where she was instructed in the TM technique,
> and by whom. It is also being said by someone who
> has since claimed to have learned the TM-siddhi
> techniques. And I'll bet she can't tell us where
> and when she learned them, either.
>
> < Steve Martin voice >  "I forgot!"  :-)
>
> And for the *most* fun, this is being said by the
> person who only a short while ago was chiding
> people on this forum for believing in spiritual
> teachers. Now she's saying that in order to "under-
> stand" one, they have to do exactly what that
> spiritual teacher told them to do, and they
> have to do it for 20 years.
>
> "We must respect the other fellow's religion,
> but only in the sense and to the extent that
> we respect his theory that his wife is
> beautiful and his children smart."
> - H. L. Mencken

I find your pursuit of "qualifications" extremely boorish and
uninteresting. Are you incapable of looking at the idea that is
expressed without having to give it a pedigree?

If you told me you had a 100 years of experience doing TM and sitting
at MMY's right hand - you could still be full of shit. Or don't you
think so? You would have to be a TB to think otherwise, no? Or are you
one such?

(Though folks' history with TM can be extremely interesting, but not
as a *qualification*!)