--- TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>snip
>
> This is one of the fundamental issues of FFL,
> reduced to
> its bare bones.  Many here are looking for a 'guru,'
> an
> expert to tell them what everything means and what
> do next.  Others are content with looking around and
> trying things on for size and figuring out for them-
> selves what constitutes the best "fit," becoming
> their
> own expert.

And I see the wisdom lying in the balance of those two
approaches. You need experts in the field of study to
point the way, but you've also have to trust your own
experience. Just think, Buddha would still be sitting
in the dome sleeping if he hadn't trusted his own
experience and left his early teachers. He didn't
condem them, he simply recognized that for him, their
teaching was not effective after a certain point to
fulfill what he was seeking. To leave a
teaching/sadhana for another after decades of
sincerely following it without the end result being
achieved is wisdom, not folly. It also is a great
achievement and transcendence of the mind, especially
if one had become enslaved to the previous teaching.