Boo_lives' explanation seems the most likely to me.  Whenever you're
preparing for trial you're constantly evaluating how your witnesses
will come across to a jury.  Mr. Morris' demeanor and mannerisms
would be very off-putting, I would imagine, particularly to a
Jefferson County jury pool to whom it could only confirm cult bizzaro
world.

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <boo_li...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> >
> > So, it looks like his doctorate is an honorary degree from MERU,
> itself a non-accreditted institution. No wonder he did not want to
> testify because his non-expertise in pedagogy could be quickly
> established.
> >
> I don't think it's that.  I think it's that bevan comes off looking
> like a mentally imbalanced, slightly hypnotized and kooky sounding
> cultist.  The more bevan talked on the stand using his bizarre
> tmo-speak, gayish affectations, and eyes staring up and blinking
like
> crazy, the more it would seem that MUM didn't restrain Sem because
> crazies like him don't stand out.  Give credit to mum's lawyers for
> realizing that they needed to keep bevan away from the courtroom.

Peace ⤢
> > > B.A., M.A., Psychology and Philosophy, Gonville and Caius
College,
> > > Cambridge University (England) ⤢ M.S.C.I., D.S.C.I., Maharishi
> > > European Research University ⤢ Doctor of World Peace,
Maharishi
> > > University of World Peace ⤢ International President of
Maharishi
> Vedic
> > > Universities ⤢ President and Chairman of the Board of
Trustees,
> > > Maharishi University of Management, U.S.A. ⤢ President of the
> > > Maharishi Global Development Fund ⤢ President of the
Maharishi World