--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<reavisma...@...> wrote:

> Pal, that (below) is a racist statement, plain and simple.  It's
> reprehensible and you are entirely wrong in the sentiment you
express.

Marek:

Several months ago I made a statement here on this forum about Blacks
having an advantage over other races on the basketball court.  I got
several responses that the statement was racist (and also several
that agreed with the statement).

Of course, I then revealed that it wasn't ME who actually said it but
Barack Obama and I had made it seem as if I said it just to make a
point.  I then provided a link to a video of him saying it.

Except for I-am-the-eternal using the word "all" as in "black guys
and black women in the US all have to have their own cult names", I
am at a loss as to why what he wrote is "racist".  Certainly, it is,
at most, equally racist and, at least, much less racist than what
Obama said about Blacks and basketball.

The observation about unique names in the Black Community is not and
should not be a taboo subject.  Indeed, it was the subject of one of
those newsmagazine shows (20/20? Primetime?  Dateline NBC?) a while
back.  The premise of the show?  The naming phenomenon in the Black
Community often creates huge problems for those kids when they grow
up and try to get jobs.  In fact, it provides an opportunity for
racists to practise their racism.

As a lawyer you know that there are laws against requiring someone to
put a photograph on Resume's or identifying "race" when applying for
a job.  Yet the "ghetto name" phenomenon is such that that is used as
an identifying marker by potential employees NOT to hire blacks and
to do it with impunity.

A white racist reading a resume submitted from a "Shaneequah
Washington" can reject the application and not risk being accused of
prejudice.

That I-am-the-eternal dares to broach this subject shows not only
sensitivity on his part but I suggest genuine concern for African-
Americans.

http://tinyurl.com/caonfg

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=black+names

http://www.blackghettobabynames.net/