Marek:

Aside from the comments I-am-the-Eternal made in the post about
naming kids in the African-American community, what else has he said
that indicates he is a racist?

Or is that all that you are referring to?   I can't seem to find
another "original post" that he made that I can construe as
racist...perhaps it's there but I can't find it.

If anyone knows, please tell me so I can look at it.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<reavisma...@...> wrote:

> Shemp, I missed the remark you posted from Obama under your own
name,
> so I won't comment on that.  And as to a young person's
insecurities
> re how they might best "fit in" with a world which for them is
defined
> by all sorts of mis-matching pieces (single mom, absent dad,
> stepfather, Indonesia, absent mom, living with different race
> grandparents in Hawaii), I can easily cut him some slack for that.
(As
> an aside, look at the monikers that folks who post here use as one
> marker of how they try to "fit in".)
>
> L.Shaddai's remarks, both his original post and subsequent replies,
> contained clear and offensive indicators that he believes "blacks"
are
> inferior and debased; he was not expressing concern for the well-
being
> of others.
>
> Your own remarks that folks should refrain from giving their
children
> names that have charm or cultural significance within the community
> with which they identify, because that can be used to discriminate
> against them, has the argument all turned around.  They're only
names,
> not metrics of value (unless that's your shorthand for judging
> people).  The larger community has to learn to look at the person,
not
> succumb to prejudice.  To encourage all the young "Baracks" in
America
> to change their name to "Barry" so they'll fit in, is entirely the
> wrong message and one sent to the wrong party.
>
> Although racism is still a given in this country, it's changing and
> yielding towards the American ideal of meritocracy; an ideal that
I'm

<shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"

It's
> > > express.
> > >

> > > Marek:
> > >
> > > Several months ago I made a statement here on this forum about
> > Blacks
> > > having an advantage over other races on the basketball court.
> > got
> > > several responses that the statement was racist (and also
several
> > > that agreed with the statement).
> > >
> > > Of course, I then revealed that it wasn't ME who actually said
it
> > but
> > > Barack Obama and I had made it seem as if I said it just to
make a
> > > point.  I then provided a link to a video of him saying it.
> > >
> > > Except for I-am-the-eternal using the word "all" as in "black
guys
> > > and black women in the US all have to have their own cult
names",
> > > am at a loss as to why what he wrote is "racist".  Certainly,
it
> > is,
> > > at most, equally racist and, at least, much less racist than
what
> > > Obama said about Blacks and basketball.
> > >
> > > The observation about unique names in the Black Community is
not
> > and
> > > should not be a taboo subject.  Indeed, it was the subject of
one
> > of
> > > those newsmagazine shows (20/20? Primetime?  Dateline NBC?) a
> while
> > > back.  The premise of the show?  The naming phenomenon in the
> Black
> > > Community often creates huge problems for those kids when they
> grow
> > > up and try to get jobs.  In fact, it provides an opportunity
for
> > > racists to practise their racism.
> > >
> > > As a lawyer you know that there are laws against requiring
someone
> > > put a photograph on Resume's or identifying "race" when
applying
> > for
> > > a job.  Yet the "ghetto name" phenomenon is such that that is
used
> > as
> > > an identifying marker by potential employees NOT to hire blacks
> and
> > > to do it with impunity.
> > >
> > > A white racist reading a resume submitted from a "Shaneequah
> > > Washington" can reject the application and not risk being
accused
> > of
> > > prejudice.
> > >
> > > That I-am-the-eternal dares to broach this subject shows not
only
> > > sensitivity on his part but I suggest genuine concern for
African-