the natural, anti-aging technique i have used for several years now
involves not wearing my glasses when i look in the mirror. that way,
the slow deterioration of my eyesight almost perfectly matches the
increase of wrinkles on my face, creating a soft focus, and a nearly
ageless appearance!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> There is a system of ayurveda which the name of escapes me but
mainly
> deals with keeping the tonification and reduction cycles properly
> maintained.  With tonification you keep the body from degenerating
and
> with reduction you eliminate any toxins that could create
premature
> aging.  Difficult to do and many "new agers" get too hung up on
the
> reduction cycle and don't do much tonification.  That won't work.
I'm
> just trying to remember the guy from Kerala who was in the area 10
years
> ago promoting the system.
>
> John wrote:
> > Yogananda was referring to a person by the name of Babaji, as I
> > recall.  It appears that certain guru traditions in India are
still
> > perpetuating this legend for one reason or the other.
> >
> > For me, this story is telling me that there are natural ways to
> > lengthen one's health and longevity, which are diametrically
opposed
> > to the current allopathic practices today.  Although our society
has
> > advanced in technological terms, it has forgotten how to live
like a
> > human being.
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> > <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> >> i recall in Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda mentions a saint
> >>
> > living
> >
> >> in the himalayas who is 1,000's of years old as well. there is
also
> >> mention of a saint who was about 350 years old, though i don't
> >>
> > recall
> >
> >> where i read about him. even Tat Wala Baba, who was
assassinated at