yes, Babaji is the name i recall, now that you mention it.

interesting you bring up the technology angle. i have been thinking
lately how technology makes us all sidhas in a way-- ability to fly,
supernormal hearing, sight and speech, omniscience (well wikipedia,
anyway), etc, but without the requisite development of expanded
awareness, it leads to mundane applications at best (American Idol,
internet porn) and accelerated extinction at worst (global warming,
nuclear war, toxic food and water, super bacteria, etc.).

also interesting that just as technology began to expand through
time and space beyond our ability to control it, that the Maharishi
brought out TM. as if the innate intelligence of the universe saw
that an appropriate balance of consciousness vs action was needed in
order for us to handle the acceleration of living resulting from the
technological explosion we find ourselves in the middle of.