On Feb 13, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

> Vaj wrote:
>> On Feb 13, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
>>

>>> There is a system of ayurveda which the name of escapes me but
>>> mainly
>>> deals with keeping the tonification and reduction cycles properly
>>> maintained.  With tonification you keep the body from degenerating
>>> and
>>> with reduction you eliminate any toxins that could create premature
>>> aging.  Difficult to do and many "new agers" get too hung up on the
>>> reduction cycle and don't do much tonification.  That won't work.
>>> I'm
>>> just trying to remember the guy from Kerala who was in the area 10
>>> years
>>> ago promoting the system.
>>>

>> Kaya-kalpa?
>>

> That's it!

A lot of people have begun capitalizing off the name, reputation and
legend of kaya-kalpa. It's highly unlikely that any of these are
legitimate. There are vaidyas in India who've been looking for the
secret of kaya-kalpa for many years, so I doubt what's being sold in
the US or Europe is the real deal. Mahesh even claimed he was going to
restore the kaya-kalpa regimes, but never was able to.