--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

>  From Becoming Enlightened by HH the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso
> (2009).
>(snip)
Dali has never claimed to be enlightened, and I don't believe he is.
I was in his presence, a few years ago, when he visited Madison.
There is no comparison between being in Maharishi's presence and that
of the 14th Dali Lama.
I also saw Pope John Paul II, when he visited Iowa, way back when.
Same feeling...not enlightened...
These people are more political priests in my mind, but certainly not
enlightened.
I am not putting these folks down...just my observation...having
experienced both...
Sort of like comparing Richard Gere to Bevan Morris.
Enlightenment is rare, really...
There is just no comparison in my mind and in my spirit.
R.G.