On Jun 30, 2005, at 5:57 PM, Peter Sutphen wrote:

> Boy, has this turned into a massive pissing contest!

Well it has raged on AMT for a while as well.

> think everybody that cares needs to come to their own
> conclusion in this matter and recognize that any
> legitimate authority in one side's eyes will not be
> legitimate in the other side's eye.

There are some answers to be found. It's an interesting history. I'm
afraid though as one investigates the institution of the Shankaracharya
one finds that much of what the movement tried to get people to
believe, was more fantasy than fact--or at best actually "buying
influence"--not unlike the special interests group in this country with
their lobbyists buying influence and opinion in the millionaires club
called "congress".

>  A matter of
> emotionally invested position.

It is, but one created through false indoctrination of the TMO.

Some are more invested in their indoctrination than others.