--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Well it has raged on AMT for a while as well.
> >
> > No, it hasn't.
>
> Your response provides some interesting context for your repeated
> statements that Unc lies. While I have seen no indication of that,
> what he says may often be inconsequential, but here I have not seen
> outright lies.

Well, yes, you have, actually.

> Not to say that he hasn't on AMT.

Indeed.

> However your claim that the Shankaracharaya linneage debate has not
> "raged on AMT for a while as well" struck me as quite odd.

It *would* have been quite odd if that were the
claim I had made.  However, in context, I was
referring to the current "pissing contest," i.e.,
concerning Anoop Chandola's account of what
Shantinanda said about MMY, which appeared to be
what Vaj was referring to as well.

There have been plenty of debates on the general
topic.  Lawson (Sparaig) has frequently brought up
Prof. Chandola's account in these debates, but I
don't recall that account ever having become the
topic of "raging debates" on its own.

You might want to try a search for "Chandola."

Moreover, Vaj's phrasing seemed to suggest there
was a debate about this raging *concurrently* on
alt.m.t, whereas in fact the most recent post
mentioning Chandola was from three years ago.

<snip>
> I like your posts, and they often provide insight. However,  on this
> point, your implied casting of Vaj as incorrect --  not telling the
> truth -- makes me ponder you may certainly have some quite different
> standard for truth than most.  And thus your "rants" about Unc not
> telling the truth have begun to pale in my mind.

Perhaps you'll reconsider on the basis of what
I said above.

Also, speaking of truthfulness, one might question
your use of the term "rants" with reference to my
comments on Unc not telling the truth.

Finally, being incorrect is one thing.  Not telling
the truth--lying--is quite another.