> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> > Your response provides some interesting context for your repeated
> > statements that Unc lies. While I have seen no indication of that,
> > what he says may often be inconsequential,

> > > but here I have not
> > > seen outright lies.
>
> Well, yes, you have, actually.

Assuming you are referring to the last part of my sentence, I guess
you mean I have seen the words that comprise the lie, but that I have
been oblivious to them. Do you always parse words so tightly? It seems
you do so, here and in adjacent posts, to make a "factual point"
something that indeed is true, but is a quite a limited, that is low
probability, interpreation of intent.

> > However your claim that the Shankaracharaya linneage debate has not
> > "raged on AMT for a while as well" struck me as quite odd.
>
> It *would* have been quite odd if that were the
> claim I had made.  However, in context, I was
> referring to the current "pissing contest," i.e.,
> concerning Anoop Chandola's account of what
> Shantinanda said about MMY, which appeared to be
> what Vaj was referring to as well.

Well, that is your IMO limited interpretation of what Vaj intended. An
interpretation  that made Vaj's statemtn appear false. Why did your
mind not go to the, IMO, larger and more obvious interpreation that he
was referring to the JM shank lineage debate? Because you assume Vaj
often speaks falsely and you wanted to reinforce your presumption?

> Moreover, Vaj's phrasing seemed to suggest there
> was a debate about this raging *concurrently* on
> alt.m.t, whereas in fact the most recent post
> mentioning Chandola was from three years ago.

I don't see why his words in any way inferred "concurrently". While
thats a possible interpretation, its an added layer of assumption.
Best to stick to what the words ARE, not some possible but low
probability interpretation.

> Also, speaking of truthfulness, one might question
> your use of the term "rants" with reference to my
> comments on Unc not telling the truth.

See adjacent post apology. I would have been more accurate using a
more neutral word.

> Finally, being incorrect is one thing.  Not telling
> the truth--lying--is quite another.

OK. Nice platitude. But what does that have to do with the current
discussion? Are you asserting that Vaj, per your interpretation  of
his words, just made a careless mistake and hallucinated that the
debate was current, but "opps" it wasn't? It appears to me that your
implication was Vaj was 'making it up' aka, lying.