--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_re...@...> wrote:

> During the first years of my "doing" TM I often "saw" a
> "blue sun" somewhat like this:
>
> http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/166805main_image_feature_736_ys_full.jpg
>
> As I recall it, the color was more even, and the "sun" had
> small flames on the edge. I also seem to recall it was
> very slowly "approaching" me and the disappering to start
> the same all over again.
>
> Can't recall when I stopped "seeing" it. If it occasionally
> appears nowadaze, it's rather "ragged"...

A number of physiological possibilities as well.  As one example random
activity in the visual cortex in the brain sometimes is interpreted as a
pattern. Similarly, neuron activity in the retina can create lights (rub you
eyes, you li see lights).  Many people have this experience, whether meditating
or just closing their eyes before they sleep.