--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> > Just pointing out that it could be the former.
> > Doesn't really matter. Would you consider seeking
> > out some counseling?
> >

> Yes.
>
> A friend suggested I call a crisis hotline.  I've got the number off the
> internet and it's sitting on my table.  Now, it's just a matter of getting up
> the nerve to call.

FWIW to you coming from me Shemp, I wish you the best. I've had my own serious
personal black times and I truly know how devastatingly bad it can feel and be.

-DO- get some assistance. It's readily available to you.

I will tell you that apart from medical help - one thing that helped me is
remembering that it will pass - even when I didn't see how it could. The dark
stuff REALLY DOES pass.

>From Maharishi:

== "It may be that the clouds are gathered. Let them come and go. They go as
they come. Take no notice of their coming. You go your way, make your way
through the clouds, if they lie on the way. Do not try to dispel them, do not
be held by them, they will go the way they have come. They are never found
stationary.

But, if you would like to pause to see them wither away, wait for a whileÂ…the
wind is blowing anyway. It is to clear the clouds from your way. Just wait to
see the clouds wither away, and the sun, the same old sun of love will shine
again in fullness of its glory.

When night comes, all appears to be dark, but darkness does not last. The light
of the dawn comes on and spreads the love and charm of life. So we shall not
mind if the darkness of the night sets in for a while. For the light of love
can, for certain, not be gone forever."

~Maharishi - Love and God, excerpt