> Youtube must be desperate not to offend anyone these days. They
> must be getting sick of taking down stuff all the time, probably don't even
> bother to check any more whether it actually constitutes
> a breach of any law whatsoever. One legal looking letter and that's
> it, down it comes.
>
> This was a private video wasn't it? What copyright could they hold?
> Maybe the clown costumes are so sacred we can't film them.

That's a very valid point, they haven't asked for the other YT clips from other
events DL was at to be taken down. Also it was a public meeting, not a private
meeting, they didn't make it clear that filming was not allowed, and AFAIK
nosedef had his camera out in the open so the panelists knew they were being
filmed. Also they didn't try to stop YouTube displaying it until last week and
it's been up for 18 months or so. The law would be the law as it is in Germany,
and they aren't very keen on organizations that use strong arm tactics to
silence dissent. So my guess is that they don't have a legal leg to stand on.
They're just trying it on and assuming that no one has the finance to mount a
legal challenge.

I think people should make sure that all media outlets know about these abuses
of power. Would the people at the concert be happy to know that they're now
linked to an organization that goes around threatening people who point out its
well known public insanities? Probably not if they knew about it.

It's like the story of the Emperor's New Clothes, with the twist that when
someone points out that Emperor is naked he sets the heavies on them to beat
them up.