> In either case, it is a mistake to judge the value of TM by the actions of an
> idiot or a saint. There is no measure of idiocy or sainthood before, during
> or after TM. Whether we witness the actions of Schiffgens the buffoon, Lynch
> the angel of mercy or Bevan the fascist bully, TM will prevail as wholly
> separate from them.

TM on its own is pretty good, I quite like it. The problems arise when people
get the idea that noble ends justify ignoble means. It's a poison that gets
into the group psyche, just like Bush and his minions getting off on torturing
people. They justify it to themselves on the basis that they meant well and the
goal was noble. The TMO has definitely got the poison and it will be the end of
the TMO because it is the antithesis of what they're supposed to achieve.

The best thing that can be said about TM in this situation is that at least the
calming influence stops the more extreme elements going around getting
physically violent with people. Which is what normally happens when people get
the idea that they're so noble that they should dominate the rest of humanity.
It's just mental and verbal violence.

The people in the audience now have a proper answer to their question "what do
you mean by invincibility". At the time DL tried to fudge the answer to mean
peace and love, but now we know it's the same "invincibility" that Hitler
wanted, smash your enemies and make everyone fear you.

Victory Before War!