--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
>
> <I bought a bunch of saris and that is all I wore, and still I felt out of
> place.>
>
> <Snip>
>
> <He did not fit into our culture and he never asked anyone to fit into his.>
>
> The reason you wore a sari was because of his expressed desire to the ladies
> on that course.  He shaped every nuance of our lives on that course. There
> was no aspect of our lives that that he didn't comment on, and we reacted to
> immediately.
>
> Maharishi not only asked us to fit into Indian culture, he required it.
> Every single thing he wanted was carried out by all of us down to what we
> ate, what we wore, what we did every second of every day in India.
>
> For you to say he never asked anyone to fit into his culture as an insider,
> to a bunch of us who were there living and dying by every statement and
> announcement from the guy each day of that course is shocking to read.  I am
> reminded not only about what a complete control freak the guy was, but how
> willing we are were to fall on our own sword for him rather than let the
> world know what absolute control he had over our lives.
>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "geezerfreak" <geezerfreak@> wrote:

> > > Did you ever spend a lot of time around Maharishi, Raunch? I'm not asking
> > > whether you were in the audience at TTC (come to think of it, were you
> > > ever trained as a teacher?) or an SCI course or something.....but did you
> > > ever work closely with MMY?
> > >
> > > I was always amused when I would get back in the states and hear
> > > meditators complaining about TMO weirdness. It was always "if Maharishi
> > > only knew what was going on, he would fix all of this!" I'd chuckle and
> > > be a good little soldier and keep my mouth shut but the truth, as Rick or
> > > Barry or basically anyone here who ever worked with MMY knows, is that
> > > Maharishi was in on EVERYTHING that went down. He was the ultimate
> > > control freak.
> > >
> > > So you can blame "extremism" on extremist personalities but you better
> > > include Maharishi as the MOST extreme since he was basically at the heart
> > > of everything that went on.
> > >
> > > The rajas....the ridiculous costumes, every bit of weirdness emanating
> > > out of Vlodrop for years was not the work of a few extreme personalities.
> > > It was the work of one extreme personality. The underlings just execute
> > > the will of the master.
> > >
> > > Maharishi as the leader and full architect of a crusading, messianic
> > > organization? You better believe it!
> > >

> > Just as Judy says, this point is arguable. I was on the PAC Pal Vedic Atom.
> > We spent four months with Maharishi in India 1980-81 and saw him just about
> > every day, morning and evening. Images and events about that experience
> > remain clearly engraved in memory. Talk about culture shock. India...there
> > is no place like it on earth, so strange and beautiful. Straight away, I
> [...]
Well put Curtis. Raunch's comments are so out of touch with the reality of what
happened that I just throw my hands up and move on, putting a mental check mark
of "cultwhipped" in the Raunch column. There's no reasoning with folk this far
gone IMO but I give you huge credit for your amazing patience and ability to
attempt reason when the chances of understanding are nil.

I wanna be like you when I grow up.