--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <boo_li...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"

> > > Right, whether we choose cynicism or idealism, it is still a choice. It's
> > > interesting that cynicism is just as invested in crushing idealism as the
> > > idealist is in ignoring the hysteria underlying the cautions of the
> > > cynic.  "Ha Ha if you believe THAT, then you must think pigs can fly.
> > > Sister, you are in serious need of cult deprogramming." So certain, the
> > > cynic of his beliefs, so superior in his wisdom of caution, he never
> > > stops to think he might be to one in need of deprogramming.
> > >

> > spot on- the cynics are not above the naivete of the idealist, just 180
> > degrees opposed. they have exactly same emotional attachment in being rock
> > solid in their assumptions, and desire to fix the outcome of the object in
> > question- in this case the practice of TM.
> >
> > the cynic and the idealist (or 'TB' and 'anti-TB') are both attempting to
> > do the same thing, predict the future by eliminating ambiguity, and resist
> > change.
> >
> 2 people each with over 30 yrs experience practicing tm and working within
> the tmo or living in ffld have a discussion here about their disappointments
> and dislikes regarding their experiences with the tmo and immediately another
> person feels the fervent need to come into that discussion and label them
> "cynics" trying to crush all good and idealism in the world.  sorry, that is
> not a distinction between cynics and idealists, but just a fundamentalist
> getting pissed off that someone left their sect.
>
> someone who pooh poohs tm because they think MMY laughs funny or because all
> meditation is flaky is a cynic, not someone sincerely discussing their 30 yrs
> experience.
>
> and someone who gets tired of fake idealistic talk and groupthink in favor of
> a more real path is still an idealist.

Curtis labeled himself as a cynic. I labeled myself as an idealist. In between,
we live in shades of gray. The cynic who insists the world is black or white,
does indeed live to crush idealism. There isn't any wiggle room in their life
for beauty, magic and surrender of the heart. It makes them feel ill. If
someone says they believe in unicorns, the cynic's blood boils with excitement
at the thought of packing the unicorn believer into a box and sending them off
to the trash compactor.

Curtis is not a cynic who lives in a black and white world. He is an idealistic
cynic, a purist, a magnanimous spirit, confident enough in himself to treat the
unicorn believer with respect.  When it comes to Maharishi and I wear my heart
on my sleeve, I am well aware that I have made myself a target for derision
from cynics living in the world of black and white. Curtis trusts his
instincts, has a genuine interest in truthful self-inquiry and courageous
go-it-alone attitude about his spiritual path. I respect his choice.  I choose
differently.  Maharishi never failed or mislead me. I have always felt
confident in his direction. There is no right or wrong in any of this. Curtis
loves his spiritual path and I love mine.