--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <willy...@...>
wrote:

> > > Yes Sal, you did say that and I found it quite amusing as well.
> > > What promted that comment was that I had mused at the
> > > possability of a campaign between a Baptist minister,
> > > Huckabee and a Muslim, Obama. Immediately, I was called
> > > on the carpet for referring to Obama as a Muslim by Judy
> > > becuase I knew good well he was a Christian and that I
> > > was just trying to scare people. My response to Judy was
> > > that just because he says He's a Christian didn't convince
> > > me he was one. In all honesty I don't think he is really
> > > a Christian or a Muslim, but what tickled me was a few
> > > weeks later, Hillary made nearly the exact same comment
> > > that I did, that she referred to Obama as a Muslim and
> > > said that just because he says he is a Christian doesn't
> > > necassrily mean he isn't a Muslim or is a Christian. But
> > > yet Hillary wasn't accused of trying to scare people or
> > > insiting Xenaphobia, to my knowledge.
> > >
> Judy wrote:
> > She didn't say anything like that, Mike.
> >
> Yes, Hillary Clinton said something "like that".

No, she didn't say anything like Mike said.

> "As far as I know." - Hillary Clinton

Here's the transcript:

CLINTON: Of course not. I mean, that's--you know, there
is not basis for that. You know, I take him on the basis
of what he says. And, you know, there isn't any reason
to doubt that.

KROFT: And you said you'd take Senator Obama at his word
that he's not a Muslim.

CLINTON: Right. Right.

KROFT: You don't believe that he's a Muslim or implying?
Right.

CLINTON: No. No. Why would I? No, there is nothing to
base that on, as far as I know.

KROFT: It's just scurrilous --

CLINTON: Look, I have been the target of so many
ridiculous rumors. I have a great deal of sympathy for
anybody who gets, you know, smeared with the kind of
rumors that go on all the time.

> Apparently one of her staffers sent out an email
> saying something like that.

And was promptly fired for it.