--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On May 12, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Mike Dixon wrote:
>
> > Yes Sal, you did say that and I found it quite amusing as well.
>
> You know, Mike, I went back and checked...
> I never used that phrase in any message,
> and it doesn't even sound like me as I'm
> not even sure what xenophobic means
> without looking it up. (And no, I haven't
> deleted any.)  So either your mistaken,
> or you can now add lying to the list.

It was do.rflex, actually.

But as I pointed out at the time, what Mike said
was a lot more subtle and devious. He was trying to
provoke Obama supporters here to react with outrage
at the suggestion that Obama was a Muslim, so that
he, Mike, could accuse Obama's supporters of
xenophobia.

(Xenophobia = fear and hatred of strangers or
foreigners)

Thing is, most here wouldn't have any problem with
Obama being a Muslim. The outrage was, quite properly,
at the suggestion that Obama was lying about being a
Christian, as well as disgust at the way the right
was appealing to xenophobia among the voting public
generally by spreading the rumor that Obama was a
Muslim.