--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "It's just a ride"
<bill.hicks.all.a.r...@...> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM, svenssonjack <svenssonj...@...>wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your news on this topic. I just learned from MUM
> > Admissions that they no longer require students to meditate
> > in a group (they still need to meditate though), which is
> > suprising and strange. It goes against the Super Radiance
> > policy.
>
> I disagree. TM meditation has been considered next to
> useless since the early 1980s. Maharishi made such a
> big thing of the sidhis and of sidhas doing program
> together that the status of TM meditators was diminished.
> I learned the sidhis because I had enjoyed going to the TM
> center and to residence courses. Everything for mere
> meditators got cut down tremendously. There was a residence
> course at MIU, for example, perhaps twice a year. The
> purpose of those two residence courses was to convince
> the meditators to become sidhas. So if you wanted to even
> watch a tape, you had to become a sidha because increasingly
> the tapes were for sidhas only.

So let me try to get this straight.

You were finally convinced to pay several thousand
dollars to learn a few phrases in English that you
could have gotten from a $3.95 paperback translation
of the Yoga Sutras because the above machinations on
the part of the TMO had convinced you that the only
way to continue doing the things you enjoyed about
the TMO -- residence courses and group meditations --
was to pay more money and become a "siddha?"

Can you explain further? It sounds to me on the basis
of what you describe above as if you're trying to make
a case for "sidhas" being too stupid to realize that
they've been had.