On Aug 11, 2009, at 9:13 PM, Marek Reavis wrote:

I agree with you, Patrick, it really is remarkable that Maharishi was able to direct so many people into doing meditation, and on a twice daily basis, to boot. But I think that it was just the right message and medium for the time and for the people who were, for some reason, primed for both.

Well, let's not forget he also actually got people interested in doing weekend, week-long and month-long retreats. Asanas and some pranayama. Cool folks to hang with. That's one of his greatest achievements in my opinion--but the emphasis of regular, core practice was his hallmark which he seeded to the masses, whether they even meditated or not. It became a worldwide theme because of his impeccable marketing management. And that may end up being the greatest significance of MMY for the future.