--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavisma...@...> wrote:

> Vaj, you may be correct, but as a species we all seem
> to be far more alike than different. We all apprehend
> the being that we are from different angles and with
> different approaches, but at some point all that
> evaporates, certainly, and what 'is' is all that remains.
>
> That's my take, at least, and that same apprehension of
> the imminent trancendent has been reiterated in many
> cultures and in many times in the past.  But maybe that
> only means that I've fallen for one of the oldest scams
> in the book.

If it's a scam, many of the greatest thinkers throughout
history and across cultures have been taken in by it.

Given the almost infinite variety of contexts in which
the Perennial Philosophy is found, many of them arising
entirely independently of each other, it seems rather
odd that they'd all *converge* on this single idea, and
testify to it experientially, if there wasn't something
to it.

I wonder what evidence Vaj finds for its being "totally
imaginary." I also have to wonder whether his
disagreement is a matter of definition rather than
substance.