> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > FFL Indexing
> > For Researching purposes,
> > The Fairfield Meditating Community, the TM.Org and Fairfield life.
> > Fairfield Life, Indexing the Story Here at:
> > Homepage
>
> I usually just skip by this indexing post that Doug
> makes on a regular basis, but this time I skimmed
> through it, and found this near the end, where Doug
> explains why he's compiled the index:
>
> <snip>
> > > For some time now I have been inviting outsiders to
> > > this list. Since about Thanksgiving, I have been
> > > going to the major print-media, radio and cable
> > > editors inviting their writers to look in on the
> > > story here. I have persistently gone through at
> > > least all of the major print media once or twice
> > > going to their web pages ferreting out their editors
> > > and inviting them with a cover letter about the
> > > story here. To academia also.
> > >
> > > Some one a little while ago on the list here
> > > cautioned that we should be careful what we are
> > > saying here , that "the Des Moines Register or the
> > > AP" might pick it up. Well, actually they are here
> > > too in all likelihood. There is more than just "us"
> > > here lurking.
>
> Out of curiosity, I did a search and found that Doug
> had posted what he quotes above in January 2003.
>
> Seems that for close to seven years, nobody in the media
> has found anything on FFL newsworthy enough to write
> about (if anybody even had the interest to look).
>
> But you never know. There could be a major expose in the
> works, right?

Yeah, riiiiight, a major major expose.

"Read all about it!  Read all about it!  Group of sincere hearts abused by
tyrant and cronies."

What could be a more common headline?

Anyone born in 1980 grew up thinking Paul was in a group called Wings -- maybe
in the early Seventies you could get an editor to think this story was fit for
print, but the movement's 15 minutes sputtered its last right about the time
the Beatles broke up.

    This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. -- T.S. Eliot

Edg