--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willy...@...> wrote:

> The notion that there exists a 'transcendental state'
> beyond the senses is a categorical imperative described
> by Immanuel Kant. The Ultimate Reality can never be known
> through pure reason alone.

Just HAVE to get my red pen out Willy. The "categorical
imperative" was the central plank of Kant's moral philosophy,
not epistemology. You're thinking of "noumena" ("things
in themselves"). In fact we can't really speak of noumena
(plural) versus noumenon (singular) - 'cos we just "don't
know"!

Good chap Kant. Later echoed by Wittgenstein (Rev.1.0):

"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."